We attended a briefing by the FSTB and FSDC who have jointly produced the “FIRST” programme, one of the new initiatives to support the financial and investment community. It is basically a job creation programme with a duration of one year. Receiving this first-handed from the relevant promoters, we came away having the impression that this will be a relatively red-tape or hassle-free process. It may especially be suitable for SMEs or medium-sized ones whose decisions and needs can be more “elastic” and “immediate”. Please feel free to have a peek into the programme below. We have direct contact with the FSDC who administers this programme. Should you need assistance, we may be able to facilitate this for you by putting you in touch with the people there.
Details of the programme:
About the Programme
Financial Industry Recruitment Scheme for Tomorrow (FIRST) is the first job-creation scheme dedicated to the financial industry, commissioned by the FSTB under the HKSAR Government’s HK$6 billion Anti-epidemic Fund.
• To help create 1,500 full time jobs in the financial services industry
• Licensed employers to receive up to HK$10,000 salary subsidy per month for 12 months for each eligible new hire
• HK$180 million has been set aside for FIRST
• FSDC is the scheme administrator for online application and approval as well as distribution of subsidy
• Subsidy will be disbursed at quarter ends
For more information, please click here. Application details will be announced in due course. For enquiries, please email FIRST@fsdc.org.hk.
Please send your feedback and suggestion to email@example.com.
Alvin Ho, CFA Ashley Khoo, CFA
Co-chair of Industry Relations Committee Co-chair of Industry Relations Committee
CFA Society Hong Kong CFA Society Hong Kong